Lineman TD

Lineman TD

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

3rd Weekend Picks

North Texas +46 4 Star

I like this line for a lot of reasons. The first reason is that 46 points is a lot. North Texas has played and lost to two pretty decent teams to start the season (FIU and Houston). Only thing that gives me some doubt in this is that the Mean Green may not cross the 50 against the Bama defense. The main reason I like this is that Bama plays Arkansas next week. Coaches will say one game at a time, don't know who we play next week, etc, etc. I will tell you that in this case they are looking ahead to next week. Nick Saban has respect for the game of football and has good sportsmanship. He will not run the score up against North Texas because he has bigger goals in mind. I will not say this is the lock that Bama was against Penn State last week. I gave that 5 stars.

Houston -7 3 Star

The Houston Cougars have Case Keenum back from an injury that ended his season last year. They are going to score points no matter who they play. One thing I know is that I am glad they rotated off Ms State's schedule this year.

Opening weekend I went 0 for 3 on picks. (USM/Georgia/BYU)
2nd weekend 2 for 2 (Bama/Florida)
Season: 2 for 5 which is obviously under 50%
5 Star 1 for 1
4 Star 1 for 2
3 Star 0 for 2

LSU at MSU



I said this in my blog post earlier in the week. LSU is super talented especially on defense. They are big, fast, and physical. Les Miles has used like 15 rabbits feet in his time at LSU. At some point something has to go against him. Dan Mullen needs his team to play the best game they have played since he has been in Starkville. Starkville is going to be rocking today/tonight, so there will be a home field advantage. Over the last couple of years these Thursday night games have caused numerous upsets. The chance is small, but the Bulldogs have a chance. From one of the funniest movies of all time Dumb and Dumber "So you are saying there's a chance". The fact is.. If MSU wins this game tonight it will be the biggest win for MSU in my lifetime.

1 comment: