Lineman TD

Lineman TD

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Week 4 Picks



Notre Dame -6.5 Four Star Pick

First off let me tell you how happy it makes me that Notre Dame lost their first two games the way they did. Especially the one against Michigan on a last second td pass.

Couple of things to note.. First: Vegas loves elevating the line for Notre Dame because they know the amount of money that is going to be bet on them every week. Notre Dame is consistently bet on as much as any other team in the country. This is not the case with this line. This line should be up above 10 according to many value indexes. Second: Notre Dame should be undefeated right now. I am glad they aren't because some idiot (Lou Holtz) would probably have them in the top 10, and all we would hear about his how Notre Dame is back.

Putting my dislike for Notre Dame aside... this is a great bet for the weekend.




Georgia -9.5 or -10 Three Star Pick

Luckily for Ole Miss fans I have been terrible with my three star picks this year. I obviously like this pick more at -9.5 instead of -10, but many sites are showing it has gone to -10. As I mentioned earlier in the week, this game features two coaches on the hottest two coaching seats in the SEC.

On an ideal football team all the major components help make each other better. Ole Miss is a prime example of this so far this year. The Rebel defense has played pretty good football, but the lack of help from the offense has killed them. A good offense is the best thing for a defense. Against Vanderbilt, Ole Miss had 8 out of 14 total drives last 3 or less plays. That means the defense had to go right back out on the field with very little rest. I can't even get into all the problems that are wrong with the offense, but as far as the Rebel defense goes, their main problem is the lack of offensive production. If you look at the LSU/MSU game there was a similar situation. The defense played good, but the offense could not get anything going. With the lack of offense the defense was constantly on the field.

Georgia will score 35+ points in this game.. I just don't see Ole Miss getting offensive production anywhere close to that. I like Georgia by 2 touchdowns.



Louisiana State -5.5 Three Star Pick

Why do I think this is a good pick? Because LSU is stupid good. I am aware that I have picked 3 road team favorites this week. That is probably a first for me. This LSU road game is not going to make any difference to them because all they have done this year is play on the road. LSU covers 5.5 points.

Opening weekend 0 for 3 on picks (USM/Georgia/BYU)
2nd weekend 2 for 2 (Bama/Florida)
3rd weekend 1 for 2 (Won Bama/Lost Houston)
Season: 3 for 7 which is still under 50%. I have been terrible with 3 star picks.
5 Star 1 for 1
4 Star 2 for 3
3 Star 0 for 3

Below are my college pick'ems for Saturday, September 24, 2011. I am in the 93 percentile so far for the year. I was never able to do that on any type of achievement tests. My picks are in bold.

3:30PM
Arkansas Razorbacks (3-0) at
3 Alabama Crimson Tide (3-0)
10 points

3:30PM
Colorado Buffaloes (1-2) at
Ohio State Buckeyes (2-1)
9 points

10:15PM
Oregon Ducks (2-1) at
Arizona Wildcats (1-2)
8 points

8:00PM
LSU Tigers (3-0) at
16 West Virginia Mountaineers (3-0)
7 points

12:00PM
San Diego State Aztecs (3-0) at
22 Michigan Wolverines (3-0)
6 points

12:00PM
Notre Dame Fighting Irish (1-2) at
Pittsburgh Panthers (2-1)
5 points

12:00PM
North Carolina Tar Heels (3-0) at
25 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (3-0)
4 points

10:15PM
USC Trojans (3-0) at
Arizona State Sun Devils (2-1)
3 points

3:30PM
Florida State Seminoles (2-1) at
21 Clemson Tigers (3-0)
2 points

3:30PM
Oklahoma State Cowboys (3-0) at
8 Texas A&M Aggies (2-0)
1 point

Tiebreaker LSU Tigers: 31 West Virginia: 17

Please email me any comments, thoughts, or ideas.. I am interested in hearing other people's opinion. Wally146@aol.com Thanks for reading! Enjoy the weather and have a great weekend.

Wally

No comments:

Post a Comment