Lineman TD

Lineman TD

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Week 4 Analysis/Week 5 preview

I told all of you about LSU @ Alabama on November 5th. If you have not watched either of these teams play then you are probably not reading this and you are probably irrelevant. You need to be close to a TV when these two teams play. It will start around 2:30 on CBS and it will be worth your 3-4 hours. Both of these teams will be undefeated when they play. Florida has a great team this year, but they will lose the next two weeks to Bama and LSU.

USM went up to Virginia and did exactly what I said they needed to do last week... took at win. They play Rice this weekend at home. Rice in baseball is scary. However, this is football and they are not good. USM is a 15+/- point favorite. I say USM covers the spread with an easy win. USM rolls to 4 and 1 with a win this weekend. 3 wins in a row is a winning streak! SMTTT! HUGE game next week at Navy.

Glad I led this off the with the good news about USM because I have very little about MS State and Ole Miss. I will start with Ole Miss. Major problems are surfacing in Oxford. This Forward Rebels BS has gone to a new level. The entire situation is not good. Ole Miss has not been a unified body since I have been alive. Whatever happened before that I can not speak about because I really don't know or care. Whatever idiot is heading up this Forward Rebels Forward movement probably had something to do with the Black Bear shenanigans. The Ole Miss football team needs to put all the outside criticism aside, go to the west coast this weekend, and play a solid SEC football game. Ole Miss has better talent than Fresno State, but the Rebels have had trouble with BULLDOGS lately.

My first reaction to the MS State/La Tech game is a win is a win. I did not personally watch or listen to this game because I was gator hunting, but I did record it. I am better at watching film than writing. After watching the replay, this was a sloppy football game. For all of you State fans... I will say it again. A WIN IS A WIN. No one will remember the overtime game against La Tech when we are in Nashville for the Music City Bowl. The Bulldogs travel to UGA this weekend to play a game that is pretty big for both teams. MSU beat UGA last year at home in a game the Georgia Bulldogs should have won. Line on this game is 7+/- with UGA as the favorite. Both teams have played early games, so the bloody mary kickoff (11 AM CT) really has no impact. Value index shows Georgia should be a 19 point favorite. The gambler in me says take Georgia -7.

No picks for me this weekend besides the ones above! There will be some quality games though.

Opening weekend 0 for 3 on picks (USM/Georgia/BYU)
2nd weekend 2 for 2 (Bama/Florida)
3rd weekend 1 for 2 (Won Bama/Lost Houston)
4th weekend 2 for 3 (Lost Notre Dame and won Georgia and LSU)
Season: 5 for 10 which is 50%
5 Star 1 for 1
4 Star 2 for 4
3 Star 2 for 5

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Email me any thoughts or ideas. Thanks.

Wally

No comments:

Post a Comment